In 2017, Select Sires honored more than 400 employees with a brick paver entrance to the Kellgren Heritage Center in Plain City, Ohio. The bricks were engraved with employee names to recognize individuals with at least 30 years of service to Select Sires, Accelerated Genetics, World Wide Sires and member cooperatives. Since the original installment, 25 employees have surpassed the milestone to earn this lasting recognition and their personalized pavers have been added to the entrance. To date, there are 456 names displayed in the patio and represent service awards as early as the year 1972.
“Select Sires is known for exceptional genetics and unparalleled service. The talented people that stand behind this service, the dedicated team members that carry our brand for life, have elevated us to our position as the industry leader,” says David Thorbahn, president and CEO of Select Sires.
Select Sires thanks the following individuals for their supreme service to dairy and beef producers worldwide:
- Randy Blackwell, Select Sires Inc.
- Creig Forman, Select Sires Inc.
- Karen Hundt, Select Sires Inc.
- Jill Strangstalien, Select Sires Inc.
- Scott Yttri, Select Sires Inc.
- Ken Rowley, All West/Select Sires
- Greg Schafer, All West/Select Sires
- Gregg Topp, COBA/Select Sires
- Adam Hahlen, COBA/Select Sires
- Donald Lawson, COBA/Select Sires
- Charles Orr, COBA/Select Sires
- John Hulbert, CentralStar Cooperative
- Steve Otteson, CentralStar Cooperative
- John Wasson, CentralStar Cooperative
- Julie Ainsworth, CentralStar Cooperative
- James Tiffany, CentralStar Cooperative
- Scott Ellevold, CentralStar Cooperative
- Gary Brummer, Select Sires MidAmerica
- Sam Holder, Select Sires MidAmerica
- Todd Gaby, Premier Select Sires
- William Bowman, Premier Select Sires
- Sherry Musick, Premier Select Sires
- Michael Marchand, Premier Select Sires
- Brian Albertoni, World Wide Sires
- Joni Fox, World Wide Sires
Based in Plain City, Ohio, Select Sires Inc., is North America’s largest A.I. organization and is comprised of six farmer-owned and -controlled cooperatives. As the industry leader, it provides highly fertile semen as well as excellence in service and programs to achieve its basic objective of supplying dairy and beef producers with North America’s best genetics at a reasonable price.