- Missouri Spring Holstein Show
March 30, 2012
Judge: Bruce Tenclave, AR
- Junior Champion: U-MO Pronto Ameliea (Windy-Knoll-View Protno), 1st fall calf, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- Res. Junior Champion: Mik-Nels Domino Ciara (RegancrestCP Mr Domino-ET), 1st spring yearling, Steven Nelson, Grovesprings, MO
- HM Junior Champion: Golden-Dew Sanchez Rebel (Gen-Mark-Stmatic Sanchez), 2nd fall calf, Bob Griggs, OK
- Intermediate Champion: Whitehead Astro Coco (Oseeana Astronomical-ET), 1st Sr.2-year-old, Bailee, Lauren & Taylor Whitehead, Conway, MO
- Res. Intermediate Champion: Sr 2: Robthom Neon Alexander (Golden-Oaks ST Alexader), 2nd Sr. 2-year-old, Janice Ling, Springfield, MO
- Champion & Grand: Robthom Lilah Lou (Jenny-Lou Marshall P149-ET), 1st 4-year-old, Kelsey Ling, Springfield, MO
- Reserve & Res. Grand: MS Hack SS Ella Rae-Red-ET (Pursuit September Storm-ET), 1st 5-year-old, Nora Hackmann, Marthasville, MO
- Virginia Spring Show
The Virginia Spring Show was held Saturday, April 7th at the Rockingham County fairgrounds in Harrisonburg. It was a beautiful spring day as Amanda Stiles Lutz from South Carolina judged 50 head. The Grand Champion was four year old, Mer-Gold Jet Montana, who said “win with me with her style, balance and correct mammary system.” She is owned by Janney Holsteins and Malorie Rhoderick. Judge Lutz chose winning senior two year old, Ron-Rou Lou Kay as the Reserve champion of the show with Heiz-Acres Mailing Fish, first place five year old, as Honorable Mention champion of this year’s show.
Two Aftershocks rose to the top of the heifer classes with their balance and correctness. Junior champion, owned by Steve Zirkle and James and Julie Barb of New Market, was Butlerview After Alameda-ET, the winning fall yearling. Judge Lutz followed with the same pattern naming winter yearling, Ron-Rou Aftershock Sprinkle as reserve junior champion, owned by Ron-Rou Holsteins of Mount Solon. (source: holsteinworld.com)
- Maryland Spring Holstein Show Results
Apr. 7 – West Friendship, MD
Judge – Steve Shaw, Williamsburg, PA
Total shown – 150
- Junior Champion: Savage-Leigh Atwd Light-ET (Maple-Downs-I GW Atwood), 1st spring yearling, Chip Savage, Knoxville, MD
- Res. Junior Champion: Peace & Plenty Asteroid Fishy (Kingsmill Gdwyn Asteroid), 1st fall yearling, Austin Schwartzbeck, Union Bridge, MD
- HM Junior Champion: Ms Chassity Super Cherry (Charlesdale Superstition), 1st winter yearling, Ehrhardt Farm & Gene Iager, Baldwin, MD
- Senior & Grand Champion: Greenwood-Acres Dun Celeste (Regancrest Dundee), 1st aged cow, Chip Savage, Knoxville, MD
- Res. Senior & Res. Grand Champion: Savage-Leigh Lydon Laurel (Savage-Leigh Lydon), Borba, Borba, Durrer & Chip Savage, Knoxville, MD
- HM Senior & HM Grand Champion: Ehrhardt Advent Ellie (KHW Kite Advent-Red), Ehrhardt Farm & Gene Iager, Baldwin, MD
- Premier Breeder & Exhibitor: Chip Savage, Savage-Leigh Holsteins
- Eastern Manitoba Spring Show 2012
April 13, 2012
Judge Joel Phoenix, ON
- Junior Champion Benner Windbrook Jocasa (Senior Calf), Windbrook, Benner Holsteins, MB
- Reserve Junior Champion Rainyridge Alexander Maelyn (Summer yearling), alexander, Rainyridge & Optimail, MB
- HM Junior Champion Oakparke Stallion Josey 1193 (Senior Yearling), Stallion, Oakparke Holsteins, MB
- Grand Champion Rainyridge Mr Burns Eara, 4 Year Old, (Mr Burns), Rainyridge & optimal, MB
- Reserve Grand Champion Oakparke Shottle Jackalope, 5 Year old, (Shottle), Oakparke holsteins, MB
- Premier Breeder & Exhibitor Benner Holsteins, MB
- Cherry Crest Dispersal Averages $5,300
The Cherry Crest Dispersal, Martintown, ON took place on April 7,2012 with a “monster” crowd on hand to claim some of the most recognizable bloodlines in the Holstein industry. The result was a $5,300 average on 170 lots. (source: holsteinworld.com)
- Catching everyone’s eye was the sale top, Cherry Crest Goldwyn Aspire. The March 2010 Goldwyn was nearly a mirror image of People’s Choice Winner, Eastside Lewisdale Goldwyn Missy (EX-95). From the same family, her dam is a VG-88 Damion daughter of Canadian Cow of the Year Nominee, Stadacona Outside Abel (VG-88 25*). Aspire was due April 22 to Pine-Tree Sid. When the gavel fell at $43,000, she became the property of Loren Brisco, Adam Hunt, Ed Rusenstrom and Alex & Reg Wallace.
- Brining the 2nd highest bid of the day was another Goldwyn. Annalea Goldwyn Alinda (EX-91 EX-93-MS). Nominated All-Ontario Jr. 3-Yr-Old 2011, she was fresh in February 2012 and will be primed for a run at the 4-Year-old competition for this show season. The final bid was $29,500 from Ransom Rail Farm in Perry, NY, USA. Her dam is 3E-92 Annalea Gibson Alison and her second dam is a VG-85 Comestar Leader.
- Glenalcomb Dispersal Results
The Glenalcomb Dispersal of April 9th, in Belleville, Ontario, Canada brought down the curtain on 70 years of dedicated cattle breeding that resulted in 2 Master Breeder Shields. The sale averaged $2,756.47 on 85 lots. (source: holsteinworld.com)
- The highest bid of the day was $7,000 that was placed by Maple Ain Holsteins of Smith Falls, Ontario on Glenalcomb Final Cut Boomboom (VG-88 VG-89-MS). Sired by Gillette Final Cut, she is working on the following record at 3-11 2x 187 18,414 4.0 741 3.3 585. Her dam is Glenalcomb Titan Boomer (VG-85, 3y) sired by Tobis Durham Titan, then Glenalcomb Milan Boots (VG-87 2*), Glenalcomb V T Boutique (VG-85), Glenalcomb S Barbara (VG-87), Glenalcomb Grand Barb (VG-85), Glenalcomb Citation Bee (VG-86).
- A $6,000 bid brought ownership of Rynland Rustler Mable –Red (EX-90 US & Can) to Werrcroft Holsteins of Oshawa, Ontario. Mable was in calf for December 14th to Fradon Jigsaw and showing the following completed record: 4-00 2X 317 18,390 4.2 763 3.1 574. Her dam is Rynland Bob Malissa (2E-90) 5-05 2X 341 25,872 3.6 920 2.8 715.
- WCLE (Saskatoon) Sale
April 13, 2012
Average $2800 on live lots
- $4300- Rhein Sanchez Esmeralda (Fresh sanchez x RF outside Silver VG-87 x Contnental Leadoff Susie VG-88 2* x Ex-90 2E x VG-87 x VG-88) Buyer: Kenbert Acres, SK & Crestomere Holsteins, AB Consignor: Joe Guenther, SK
- $4000- Kenbert goldwyn Brittney (Goldwyn x Kenbert Dundee Brendie VG-87 x Briana Milan Ex 2E 6* x Tony Beauty EX 5E 9*) Buyer: Balgonie Holsteins, SK Consignor: Kenbert Acres, SK
- $4000- PDF Bonair Bongo VG-85 (Bonair x PDF Allen Balance VG-85 x VG-89 Counselor x EX 2*) Consignor: Prairie Diamond Farms, SK
- $3100- Lampada Damion Tulip VG-85 (Damion x Lampada Approval Theone EX-90 x EX 95 2E, VG -85) Consignor: Lampada Holsteins, SK
- Neuday Holsteins Dispersal
April 13, 2012
Managed by R&F Livestock
- $9700- Neuday Zircon Glitz (fresh Feb 21 Zircon x VG-85 Blitz plus 7 more VG or EX) Buyer: Continental Holsteins, AB
- $5000- Neuday Talent Electra VG-86 (Talent x EX 2E Lheros plus 3 more VG or EX)
- $4800- Neuday goldwyn Erin (Goldwyn x EX-92 2E Lheros plus 3 more VG or EX) Buyer: Chris Aide Holsteins, SK
- 15th Eurogenes Online Heifer Sale Averages 13,064 Euros
The 15th Eurogenes Online Heifer Sale finished with an average price of 13,064 Euros, with over 21 animals selling to six different countries. The top seller of the sale was Drouner AJDH Cosmo, a Freddie daughter of well-known American brood-cow, Larcrest Cosmopolitan (VG-87). Cosmo combines a high GTPI of +2375 (12/11) with a skyhigh German index of RZG +155. Cosmo sold for 42,000 Euros to Dr. C. Lupschen from Germany. Dymentholm Genetics from Canada and Diamond Genetics purchased one of the very highest polled animals in the breed, Capnation Sosecret Colt *PO *RC. This polled Colt P daughter is also the #1 Productive Life animal in the world with a 12/11 PL of +10.2! Sosecret P is a granddaughter of the Global Red & White Impact Cow of the Year 2011, Gen-I-Beq GW Secret (VG-87, 2y Can). Rounding out the top five high sellers were Twin Sheray 2 (Super x UFM Dubs Sheray) for 23,000 Euros; Wiltor Observer Sugar (Observer x Washfold Bolton Sharon 2) for 22,000 Euros and Oelhorst Ali 299 *TV (Observer x Oelhorst Ali 141) for 14,250 Euros.
- Spring Genomic & Type Spotlight Sale Averages $4,440
The Spring Genomic & Type Spotlight Sale was held Thursday, April 5th in Angola, IN and averaged $4440 on 105 lots including ten lots selling for $10,000 or more. With interest worldwide, cattle sold to several states along with Canada and Europe. (source: holsteinworld.com)
- Topping the sale was Lot 1 – Ri-Val-Re Bookem Hero-ET *TV GTPI +2474 sold for $90,000 to Bovine Genomic Partners, MI. Born in December, 2011, this Bookem sold in absentia with unlimited contract potential for sons and embryos.
- Second high seller was Lot 4 – Ms Alexis Alice-ET *RC *TV *PO sold for $30,000 to John Schneller, Dodgeville, WI. Alice is 10/2011 Colt P from VG-85 VG-MS Shottle from reknown All-American EX-95 2E Apple.
- An 11/2011 Bookem from Ms Apple Brandy, Ms Brandys Blush-ET *RC *TV sold for $20,000 to Ri-Val-Re Farms, Aaron and Jerry Jorgensen, Webberville, MI.
- Purple Ribbon Classic Sale Highlights
The Purple Ribbon Classic Sale was held on March 31st in Marshfield, WI and averaged $2483 on 40 live lots. (source: holsteinworld.com)
- Top seller at $6,200 was Lot 24 – Scientific Brax Didi Rae-ET, a 9/11 Braxton daughter out of a fresh and very promising *RC Sanchez out of Scientific Gold Dior Rae-ET (EX-92 DOM), who in turn is out of world-famous Debutante Rae (EX-92 GMD DOM). Consigned by Scientific Holsteins, Didi Rae was purchased by Lakecrest Holsteins of WI.
- $5,000 was the winning bid by Jim Bos of CA for Lot 1 – Regancrest R Belondi-ET, a 4/11 Robust out of Regancrest Belara-ET (EX-94), the Shottle daughter of Regancrest-PR Barbie-ET (EX-92). It was a very timely purchase before the April, 2012 run as a Sanchez maternal sister to Belondi came out as #1 on the Top PTAT Heifer list the next week. Belondi was consigned by Regancrest Farm of IA.
- Todd & Cade Stanek of WI consigned the third-high seller – Lot 2 – Our-Favorite Obsr Baylis-ET, a 10/11 Observer with a +2206 GTPI out of Sandy-Valley Bashful-ET (VG-87), from the maternal line of Bolton. She was purchased by Doug Lemke and Tim Natzke of WI for $4,900.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.