David Patrick, Reproductive Service Specialist for Premier Select Sires, retires on July 31, 2020 after 65 years of dedicated service to the agriculture and A.I. industries.
David began his career as an A.I. technician on October 31, 1955 with the Maryland Artificial Breeding Cooperative, Inc. He worked full time breeding cows until April of 1992, when he transitioned to part-time service. In addition to working with Premier, David operates Maple-Dell Ayrshires in Woodbine, Maryland with his wife Ann, two sons Mike and Denny, and grandson Derek. The farm also breeds Registered Holsteins. David’s list of accomplishments and awards is extensive and well deserved. It includes but is not limited to the following:
- 2020 National Dairy Shrine’s Distinguished Dairy Cattle Breeder Award
- 2010 Ayrshire Association’s Master Breeder Award
- 2006 Obie Snider Award at the All-American Dairy Show
- 14 Constructive Breeder Awards for Maple-Dell’s outstanding production and type
- Over 100 cows have classified Excellent, including one at 95 points
- There have been 17 all-American and 18 Reserve All-Americans carry the Maple-Dell prefix
- The herd has produced numerous bulls in A.I.
- Many of the cows have ranked on the Cow Performance Index (CPI) List and produced high lifetimes of milk
David has been very involved with numerous industry associations and programs and is well known for his integrity, faith, and love of family.
“David is a great storyteller, and with his years of experience, he has lots of stories to tell,” said Kirk Sattazahn, Vice President of Marketing and Development. “David is a legend in the dairy industry and we have been fortunate to be affiliated with him for so long.”
At Premier, we are grateful for the mark David has left on our cooperative and the industry. Congratulations, thank you, and best wishes, David!
Source: Premier Select Sires