- California Earthquake Sale Shakes Out $13,740 Average
A great lineup of cattle at the California Earthquake Sale with a balanced mix of high genomic individuals and the high type showring kind appealed to all markets and at the end of the day, the unofficial average was $13,740. Managed by Butler-Fellers Auctions, Inc., the sale grossed $1,786,300. Sale hosts Frank & Diane Borba, Frank & Carol Borba, Leo & Cheryle Durrer and Chris & Ellen Durrer and Wayne & Beth Glaeser provided the finest hospitality all week long and capped off the event with a post-sale party that many, many sale attendees stayed to enjoy. (Source: Holstein World)
- Lot 1 – $125,000 – Pierstein Goldwyn Frisou VG-89-CAN – will show as a 5-Year-Old this year!
- Lot 13 – $150,000 – Furnace-Hill Lewis Shes Sam +2617 GTPI Lewis daughter of Ladys-Manor Pl Shandra-ET (VG-85 GTPI +2400) – #4 GTPI heifer in the breed!
- Lot 14 – $70,000 – Bacon-HIll Ostyle Monica-ET, a 12/11 O-Style at +2380 GTPI out of Unique-Style Bolton Money (EX-91 GTPI +2296)
- Lot 17 – $62,000 – Pencroft-Ammon GC Cierra-ET, a 10/11 Gold Chip that is the #1 Type heifer in the breed at +5.00T. Her dam – Ammon Farms Mac Classic-ET is now EX-90.
- Lot 2- $50,000 – 1st choice Goldwyn due 9/2012 from 2011 All-American 4-Year-Old RockyMountain Talent Licorice (EX-92)
- East to West Tag Sale Averages $5,892
The East to West tag sale has wrapped up at Hanalee Holsteins achieving an average of $5,892 on 30 lots. (Source: Holstein World)
- Topping the sale was Kingsway Goldwyn Advertise at $15,000. She is a spring yearling granddaughter of Kingsway Terrason Allie EX-95 2E *2, was consigned by Kingsway, Trent Valley and Jason Mell, and sold to Hanalee, Colin Meulendyk of Millbrooke Holsteins and Ethan McMillan.
- Also bringing $15,000 was Hanalee Boxer Cherrio, another spring yearling with a GLPI of +2597. She is a daughter of Willsona Bolton Chelsea VG-86 2yr, was consigned by Hanalee and purchased by John Hazeleger.
- Third high seller at $10,000 was Hazbro Sanchez All Spark, a summer yearling great granddaughter of Kingsway Terrason Allie. She was consigned by Hazbro and sold to Walkerbrae.
- Ontario East-Central Tag Sale
15 lots sold for average of $4137 (Source: Cowsmopolitan)
- Sharp Acres S T Maeve, Lot #2. $15,000.
Consignor: Sharp Acres Holsteins, Roselandvale Farms, Prospect Holsteins, and Boxcar Holsteins.
Buyer: Simon Lalande, Blondin Holsteins
- 2nd High Seller
Velthuis Snowman Elvena, Lot #40 $9,000.
Consignor: Velthuis Farms Ltd.
Buyer: Fricosons Holsteins
- 3rd High Seller
Elmcroft Attic Mavis, Lot #17 $5,800.
Consignor: Elmcroft Holsteins
Buyer: Sikmadale Holsteins
- March Madness Sale Highlights
March 17, 2012, Frederick, MD , Unofficial Average $10,286 (Source: Cowsmopolitan)
Top 5 High Sellers
- $50,100 – Lot C – 1st choice female out of Welcome Bookem Etty-ET whose 50K GTPI 2573 making her the #7 GTPI female of the breed 12/11. MAS – flush will be made on 3/21/12
- $50,000 – Lot B – 1st choice female from April flush to Numero Uno or MAS out of Tranquillity AC Dreary Trac-ET GTPI 2518
- $45,000 – Lot F – Ryan-Crest Shamrock Exciting-ET GTPI 2487 3.63T, a January 2012 Shamrock out of Nova-TMJ Golden Erin-ET (VG-89 DOM) GTPI 2128
- $44,000 – Lot L – 1st choice Mogul female out of Larcrest Comical-ET 50K GTPI 2546
- $39,000 – Lot A – 1st choice Epic from 8 pregnancies due May 2012 out of Ladys Manor Ruby D Shawn-ET EX-90 DOM GTPI 2167
- Boclair Tops With Elegance
The March Border & Lakeland Dairy sale held at Borderway Sale Centre on March 21st once again proved to be a top event with both buyers and sellers going home with their goals achieved. The show was judged by one of the breeds more experienced personalities Mr Tecwyn Davies from the Caeremlyn herd in South West Wales. His Champion was Boclair Dancer Beatrice 2, a strong powerful heifer with a super udder bred from three Excellent dams with yields over 13,000kgs. The Champion was consigned by David Brewster and was purchased by JB Marshall, Auchenleck, Castle Douglas. (Source: Holstein World)
- Mr Davies Reserve Champion was Holywood Scooby Crimson bred by Robert Whiteford and consigned by David Hodgson from the Wormanby herd. She was a silky black heifer with a lot of style and sired by Go-Farm Allen Scooby-Duu and sold for 2,500gns to N&SJ Sanderson, Burtholme Farm, Brampton.
- Winning the Junior heifer in milk class was another heifer from David Brewster, Boclair Bolton Elegance was bred from the world renowned Krull Broker Elegance EX96. This heifer is potentially the sixth generation of Excellent and she sold for the top price of the day 3,200gns to Messer Bryson, Whiteflatt Farm, Ayrshire.
- The Telfer family from High Branchal, Bridge of Weir had a special offering from their popular Branchal herd. Topping this wonderful consignment was a heifer sired by Aquila Patron Lucente from the Divina family, she now joins the herd of J Baxter, Gibblaston Farm, Renfrewshire for 2,550gns. Another Branchal heifer sold for 2,500gns going to N&SJ Sanderson, Burtholme Farm, Brampton she was a daughter of Annandale Keiser from the Katkin family.
- Iowa Spring Sale Highlights!
Beautiful weather and a full house crowd contributed to a record breaking day at the Iowa State Sale on Saturday, March 17, 2012 in West Union, IA. The sale earned an impressive average of $4,963 on 82 lots! It was fitting for three Shamrock calves to top this St. Patrick’s day sale, starting with Lot 7, Far-R-La Anaheim Angelie-ET*RC GTPI+2429 who sold for $68,000. Angelie is a Shamrock from Far-R-La Anaheim Angels-ET and descends from the Altitude family. She was consigned by Rauen, Demmer & Simon and sold to Daisy Dairy of Dallas, TX with Cross Genetics, LLC contending. Second high seller was Lot 8, another *RC Shamrock with high genomics, KHW Shamrock Aralyn-ET. She has a GTPI of +2407 and is a November 2011 daughter of KHW Goldwyn Aiko-ET VG-86 x Altitude. She was consigned by High Altitude Genetics, WI and purchased by Cross Genetics, LLC, IL. Third high seller was Lot 2, Butlerview Shamrock Jeve-ET GTPI+ 2402 at $25,000. She is a Shamrock daughter of Coyne-Farm Freddie Jeven-ET GTPI+2269, was consigned by Jeff Butler and purchased by Daisy Dairy of Dallas, TX. (Source: Holstein World)
- Ohio Holstein Association Convention Sale Averages $2639
The day was beautiful, the cattle looked great, and a nice crowd was on hand for the Ohio Holstein Association Convention Sale held Friday, March 16, 2012 at the Richland County Fairgrounds, Mansfield, Ohio. Sixty (60) live lots sold for an average of $2639. One choice lot sold for $2600 and two embryo lots averaged $825. (Source: Holstein World)
- Topping the sale at $7000 was Lot # 4, Pine-Tree Planet Suela, classified Very Good 86, a daughter of Ensenada Taboo Planet-ET, she had a nice record in progress, sold with contracts, and was open and ready to flush. Purchased by Steven Gasser, Creston, Ohio, she was consigned by Matthew Steiner, Rittman, Ohio.
- Selling for $5100 was Lot # 6, Congress-LK GWN AKE2877-ET, a fall calf sired by Braedale Goldwyn from a Very Good 87 daughter of the well known Tri-Day Ashlyn-ET Her buyer was Gene Iager, Fulton, Maryland and she was consigned by Congress Lake Farm, Mogadore, Ohio.
- Pine-Tree Spearmint Marie, Lot # 19, a big, strong daughter of Pine-Tree Spearmint showing a nice udder promise and due to calve at anytime, sold for $5000 to Austin Trbovich, Waynesburg, Ohio. From a VG 85 Bolivar daughter with records of 32,970 milk 1256 fat and 1022 protein, she was consigned by James Kemp, West Salem, Ohio.
- Spanish champions
Two major shows were held in Galicia, Spain, with the Open Show resulting in a nice victory for Badiola Goldwyn Megate, a Goldwyn daughter from the well-known Megate family of the Badiola herd in Asturias. At the Fefriga Show, held at the same time, Blanco Duplex Sonia 315 of Blanco de Lalin from Pontevedra triumphed. (Source: Holstein International)
- Cabon successes
Drake daughter Caroline of Gaec Cabon was made Grand Champion by judge Joseph Le Tinnier at the Finistère Show in the French coastal city of Quimper. This was the culmination of a tremendous show for the Cabon herd, as with Sanchez daughter Gold, Goldwyn daughter Elwood, and Roumare daughter Decision, they had won all the other titles! (Source: Holstein International)
- Miss Ostfriesland
Immertreu was chosen as the new Miss Ostfriesland at the Excellentschau in Leer, Germany. Immertreu, sired by Sinatra son Sindbad, and owned by Gerhard Tammen, had won the Intermediate title earlier on, while Lentini daughter ZMB Tobine captured the senior title. In the junior classes, daughters of Roy and Charts triumphed. (Source: Holstein International)