337 youth competed in the 2018 World Dairy Expo Youth Showmanship Contest on Thursday, October 4. Youth from around the world competed for top honors in Junior, Intermediate and Senior Showmanship Divisions. Winning the Junior Division, the W. Terry Howard Award and clippers from Andis Company was Keaton Phoenix of Greenbank, Ont., Canada; and the Intermediate Division, the Howard Voegeli Award and clippers from Andis Company was won by Caden Finley of Greenbank, Ont., Canada; and Madison Dyment of Burgessville, Ont., Canada won the Senior Division, the Keith King Award and a semen tank courtesy of MVE Chart. The top 15 individuals of each division received neck ribbons and medallions from E-Zee Milking Equipment, LLC, and the top ten received a cash prize. Other awards given were custom-embroidered jackets, sponsored by FarmFirst Dairy Cooperative to the first place finishers and clippers courtesy of Andis Company to the second place finisher in the Senior Division.
Curtis McNeil, Heather Holme Holsteins, Goderich, Ont., Canada; Jamie Howard, EastGen Regional Sales Manager for Western Ontario, Burgessville, Ont., Canada; and Kelly Reynolds, New York Holstein Association Executive Manager, Corfu, N.Y., placed the Junior, Intermediate and Senior Division, respectively.
Top 15 youth winners of each division are as follows:
Junior (Ages 9-12):
- Keaton Phoenix, Greenbank, Ont.
- Morgan Howard, Burgessville, Ont.
- Sara Dorshorst, Marshfield, Wis.
- Rachel Visser, Hutchinson, Minn.
- Jaydn Kimball, Windham, Maine
- Mason Ziemba, Durhamville, N.Y.
- Ava Grace, Hebgen, DeForest, Wis.
- Brianna Meyer, Chilton, Wis.
- Calvin Bening, Arlington, Minn.
- Johnathon Clark, Cornish, N.H.
- Kennedy Kimball, Windham, Maine
- Macie Noble, Lancaster, Wis.
- Cole Sarbacker, Edgerton, Wis.
- Jacob Harbaugh, Marion, Wis.
- Campbell Booth, Plymouth, Wis.
Intermediate (Ages 13-16):
- Caden Finley, Greenbank, Ont.
- Jordan Hawthorne, Listowel, Ont.
- Dylan Brantner, Evans City, Pa.
- Taylor Vander Meulen, Brighton, Ont.
- Dana Sickles, Marengo, Iowa
- Brooke Krueger, Hazel Green, Wis.
- Kolton Crack, Cleveland, Qué.
- Cassie Gebert, Wawaka, Ind.
- Mallory Rhodes, Millport, N.Y.
- Chandler Bening, Arlington, Minn.
- Alek Krueger, Hazel Green, Wis.
- Zachary Paul, Worden, Ill.
- Eden Groff, Ronks, Pa.
- Ashlyn Sarbacker, Edgerton, Wis.
- Ella Bauer, Hayfield, Minn.
Senior (Ages 17-20):
- Madison Dyment, Burgessville, Ont.
- Megan Ford, Thornbury, Ont.
- Mike Podschadly, Armstrong, B.C.
- Olivia Brandenburg, Fort Atkinson, Wis.
- Emily Mikel, Stafford, N.Y.
- Nicki Meier, Abbotsford, B.C.
- Brent Sayles, Paris, Ont.
- Jodie Stoker, Abbotsford, B.C.
- Jared Dickman, Lanark, Ill.
- Hannah Nelson, Ellsworth, Wis.
- Brent Sikma, Newcastle, Ont.
- Nathan Arthur, Sumner, Iowa
- Jonathan Hubbard, Thurmont, Md.
- Katie Anderson, Yarroweyah, Australia
- Jackie Bortner, Spring Grove, Pa.
This year’s Expo Youth Showmanship Contest sponsors included: Andis Company, Double S Liquid Feed Services, Inc., E-Zee Milking Equipment, LLC, FarmFirst Dairy Cooperative, Masters Choice Hybrids, MVE Chart, Y-Tex Corporation and Wahl Clipper & Lister Shearing.
Serving as the meeting place of the global dairy industry, World Dairy Expo brings together the latest in dairy innovation and the best cattle in North America. Crowds of nearly 70,000 people, from 100 countries, will return to Madison, Wisconsin for the 52nd annual event, October 2-6, 2018, when the world’s largest dairy-focused trade show, dairy forage seminars, world-class dairy cattle show and more will be on display. Visit worlddairyexpo.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or Youtube for more information.