It’s time to open up nominations for our inaugural Golden Dam contest – the Holstein industry’s hottest new award that looks for the complete cow.
- Fans nominate their favorite brood cows that meet the following rules:
- Must have activity in the past 5 years, daughter or son registered, milk recorded , classification, etc. If not possible to verify dams will not be eligible
- Must be a purebred cow – Registered in the Herd book within the country of origin. If not possible to determine registration in a official herd book dams will not be eligible.
- Must have a professional photo available. In order for our judges to evaluate each nomination, we need a professional photograph of the nominee.
- The nominees will be evaluated on their genetic impact, personal achievements and conformation. With the top 10 being selected as finalists.
- The finalists will then be eligible for fan votes where the their judges (Roger Turner, Brian Leslie, Larry Schirm, and Allessandro Ravanelli) scores (worth 50%) and the rank in the fan voting (50%) will combine to determine the winner. VOTING ENDS October 20th 2012
The winner, as well as one of the individuals who nominated the winner, will receive a 10 x 14 digital portrait of the winning animal. Both the breeder and last owner of record will receive a jacket commemorating the achievement. The winners, as well as the finalist, get the use of a custom logo for use for promotion of their animals and their family members. All individuals who vote will be in a draw for chance to win 1 of 10 Bullvine hats as well one lucky voter will receive a free website and social media package for their farm.